· Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the lending of textbooks
o few libraries buy textbooks
o textbooks are very popular at certain times of year
· Order text books the same way you order any book
o search UC's catalog
o search OhioLink
· If you cannot find your text in either of these catalogs, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the textbook's ISBN number
o library staff will order the textbook if it is available from an outside catalog
· Depending on the availability of the book (i.e.: how many libraries own the book, how far away the library is, and if the book is on the library's shelf), a requested book should typically take a week to arrive. Of course, books can arrive sooner than this or much longer after this, depending on different variables.
· Customers will receive an email alerting them to the arrival of their textbook
· Due dates are determined by lenders, not by Pratt Library. Meaning, due dates are varied, sometimes they are only for a few weeks (maybe even only one!) and sometimes they can be for entire semesters, it depends on who has lent us the book.
· Textbooks borrowed from UC or through OhioLINK can be renewed by signing in to your UClid account
· Textbooks borrowed from outside of UC and OhioLINK, must be renewed by library staff. Alert staff to renewals by sending an email to email@example.com. Staff will personally contact lenders to ask for renewals (this process can take a few days).
· Lenders reserve the right to not renew books at their discretion and also to "recall" books at any time. This means, Pratt borrowers will have to return their items immediately if a lender recalls the item, regardless of the item's original date.