Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ordering books from UC-video
Ordering a book UC Owns
Pratt Library materials are cataloged online as part of UC's online catalog, named "UCLID". Search UCLID to determine whether Pratt Library owns the book or item you need. CCHMC and UC employees can use UCLID and OhioLink to request materials owned by UC libraries and OhioLink member libraries, and have them delivered to Pratt Library to be picked-up.
To renew your materials through UCLID, please follow these instructions: found here
To order materials through UCLID, go to: UC Libraries Homepage
- click on the "Books" tab, located at the top of the search box
- To find an item in the UCLID catalog:
- Search UCLID using the book Title, Author, Keyword, or Subject. If you know the book ISBN or have more information, you can do a more precise search by clicking on the "Advance Catalog Search" link in the bottom of the search box area.
- If you find an item that you would like to borrow:
- If the location indicates the item is at Pratt Library, come to Pratt Library (S9.125) to check it out.
- If the item is not available at Pratt Library, but is available to order from UC, click the Request button () located at the top of the catalog record.
To order materials as a CCHMC employee (see Figure 1 below):
Go to the "Affiliates Login" tab and enter the following information"
- Last name
- Identification Number: This is your five-digit number located on the back of your badge.
- Enter your library PIN.
If you do not have a PIN (password), go to What’s a Pin or I don’t have a PIN. To set a PIN the first time, leave the Enter your library PIN field blank on the Your library record in the login screen and click Submit. Go back to the "Affiliates Login" tab and enter your chosen PIN twice to confirm the number. (If you need help, please call 6-4320).
- Click Submit
- In the "Item selection" confirm the correct item and click "Request Selected Item". The message “Your request for (the name of the item) was successful,” will appear on the final screen
Figure 1 - CCHMC Employees
To order materials as a UC employee (see Figure 2 below), go to the "UC Login" tab and fill in the following information:
- Username: (your 6+2 id number).
- Password: First time users use the password Uc!mmddyy (this is your full date of birth, e.g. Uc!04061991). You can change the password after you log in the first time. If you forget your password, click on the "Login Help" link to thr right. If you need help, please call 513-566-4357.
- Click "Log In"
- In the "Item selection" form, confirm the correct item and click "Request Selected Item".The message "Your request for (the name of the item) was successful," will appear on the final screen
Figure 2- UC Employees