Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Scholar Search
Searching for full text articles can be challenging. Google Scholar is a great place to search the literature quickly but is also an easy way to start your search for full text articles. Google Scholar, a free tool, indexes scholarly literature in various publishing formats and subject specialties. It allows you to begin your search for full text access to articles just by setting a few preferences. Anything you cannot access immediately through Google Scholar can be searched for via the Pratt Research Library Full Text Finder (aka Journal Portal).
To set up your preferences go to Google Scholar.
- Click on Settings located on the top right of the screen.
- Next, click on Library Links. Type in Cincinnati in the Show library access box. Click search.
- Check the box(es) of the library that you want to add. In this case we have checked Edward L. Pratt Research Library and University of Cincinnati-Find Full-Text at UC.
- Finally click Save.
- Conduct your search. In this case, we used key words from an article title.
- If the Library has access to the article the link will appear. Click on the Full Text@Pratt Library
link and you will be taken to the article source.
Each source that the “Full Text @ Pratt Library” link takes you to will most likely be different.
- Look for hyperlinked titles, PDF icons, or Full Text buttons to be directed to the full text of
- If the PDF hyperlink brings you to this page, simply click on one of the "Open the Page in a New Window" links.
- Anything that you cannot access immediately through Google Scholar can be searched for in the Pratt Library Full Text Finder interface (aka Journal Portal). For more information on how to use AtoZ check out our LibGuide.
- If it is not available in Full Text Finder, check UC-ejournals. For more information on UC-ejournals check out this LibGuide.
If you ever need help, don’t hesitate to call the Pratt Library at 636-4320 or email us at email@example.com.
Open In New Window
If you click on a full text library link and are taken to a primarily blank page except for the following header, please click on the "open the page in a new window" link to be taken to the publishers/vendors page and view the resource.
*This redirecting page occurs when the supplying publisher's site blocks display of their content in the cross origin of iFrames. We apologize for this inconvenience.