Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Which program should I use?
What are Digital Notebooks
What are they?Digital notebook programs allow you to collect information from a variety of electronic sources, such as internet sites, journal articles, your email, and calendar. You can take notes, annotate pages, and search your content easily. Programs can be used on desktop and laptop computers, but there are also mobile-friendly versions that sync across all of your devices
Why use them?
- Keep track of information found in electronic formats
- Harness the power of searchability
- Flexible organization - move and copy information and notes between projects/notebooks
- Syncing notes between devices and locations for access on the go
- Integrate with other programs to link your notes with your calendar and email
- Collaborate and share information easily with colleagues using sharing features.
Disclaimer: When NOT to use digital notebooks
If you are working with data that is covered by HIPAA or is otherwise sensitive, be careful about using programs that store their data in "the cloud". Make sure that your sensitive data is secure!