Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Graphic provided by NIH/NIHMS
NIH Public Access System/Tools
Need Your CHMC eRA Commons Information Updated?
Has your email changed or something else associated with your CHMC profile? You can contact email@example.com to update your information.
eRA Commons submission
All reports and grant applications to NIH must include evidence of compliance with NIH Public Access Policy. To do this you must use eraCommons.
eraCommons is an online interface where grant applicants, grantees and federal staff at NIH and grantor agencies can access and share administrative information relating to research grants.
The functions available to a user in Commons are based on the ‘role’ associated with their eRA Commons account (see eRA Commons Roles).
eRA Commons users, based on their role, can conduct a variety of business in Commons, including:
- Track the status of their grant applications through the submission process, view errors and/or warnings and check the assembled grant image.
- View summary statements and score letters following the initial review of their applications.
- View notice of award and other key documents.
- Submit Just-in-Time information (Signing Officials aka SO only) requested by the grantor agency prior to a final award decision.
- Submit the required documentation, including the Financial Status Report/Federal Financial Report and final progress report, to close out the grant.
- Submit a No-Cost Extension notification (Signing Officials aka SO only) that the grantee has exercised its one-time authority to extend without funds the final budget period of a project period of a grant.
- Submit an annual progress report electronically for SNAP and Fellowship awards using the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR).
- Look for the Non-Competing Grant Progress Report (PHS 2590) Instructions on theNIH Forms & Applications page
- Submit a streamlined annual progress report electronically, provided the grantee institution is eligible to submit one under the Electronic Streamlined Non-competing Award (eSNAP) process. See Note below.