- Go to Web of Science using UC Libraries.
- Login using your
UC affiliation (see instructions:
- Choose ‘Authors’ (notice Web of Science Core Collection is the data set).
- Enter Last name ‘Glauser’ and select GLAUSER.
- Enter first name ‘Tracy A’ and select TRACY A..
- Click ‘Search’.
- In this example the results offer two profiles. Check both comparing dates, institutions (including previous ones) and if still unsure click each profile and review the publications.
- Check the box(es) of the matching profiles and click ‘View as Combined record’.
- In the next screen with results see:
Viewing 2 Combined Author Records: top Left
Published names: show variations on last name and initials
Organizations: present and previous
h-index: based on publications
List of all publications underneath the citation data.
- In the ‘Citation Network’ section on right side of the screen, click on ‘View citation report’ to get the citation counts, total and year by year.
(Figure 3 and Figure 4)
Note some possible adjustments:
- Under ‘Publications’ adjust the years if needed.
- The list is in order by the highest cited paper at the top of the list then descending.
Use the scroll down bar under ‘Citation: highest first’ to change the order by date of publication or choose other options.
- Click ‘<back” under Citations to see previous years.
Please note: There is no way to exclude self-citations for a single publication. However, the information under
Citing Articles>’Without self-citations’ towards to top of the page will give the total number of citations for all publications collectively.
- To create a file ‘Export Full Report’ at the top right of the page.
- Type in a ‘File Name’ e.g. Glauser 2021.
- Select Records e.g. ‘Records 1 to 279’ OR use another option e.g. ‘All records on page’.
- Choose Format e.g. ‘Excel File’ OR “Text File’ (not recommended).
- Click ‘Export’.
- The Excel sheet will include the h-index, total citation counts by year and a total overall.