Endnote includes a wonderful feature called Find Full Text. This feature will check:
- PubMed LinkOut
- Web of Knowledge full text links
- DOI (Digital Object Identifier)
- Pratt Library Journal Portal
Endote will find the PDF and attach it to your reference. Remember, Endnote cannot link everything we own or to UC e-journals so you will still have to check both portals before requesting an article from Pratt Library.
To add this features full capabilities to your library follow the directions below:
In Endnote go to:
- Edit>Preferences>Find Full Text
- Check the boxes of all options (DOI is not necessary but can be helpful)
- Paste the link below into the Open URL Path box
- Click Apply (or Ok)
- To run Find Full Text in Endnote highlight the reference or references that you want to check. If you have more than one reference, highlight the first reference, hold down the ctrl key and continue choosing the rest of the references in your library.
- Right click and choose Find Full Text>Find Full Text (or Go to References>Find Full Text>Find Full Text).
- Click Ok when you get the pop-up window with the Endnote Find Full Text copyright and usage notice.
- Look at the bottom of your screen on the left side in the Find Full Text section. You will see Endnote looking for PDFs and URLs. Endnote will let you know not only if it found something but it will add the PDF or URL into the appropriate fields.